It really isn’t in anyone’s budget to replace carpeting more often than absolutely necessary. That’s why it’s important to take care of your carpets and make them last longer. Here are some things we recommend:
- Vacuum your carpets once a week.
- Vacuum heavy traffic areas more frequently than the rest.
- Every few weeks, take a little extra time and use your crevice tool for cleaning around baseboards, radiators, and other hard-to-reach places where dust likes to build up.
- Shake and/or vacuum area rugs and throw rugs too.
- Have your carpets cleaned one or twice a year.
- Don’t walk barefoot on the carpet. It’s better to wear indoor shoes or clean socks, as your skin cells and nature oils can make your carpet dirtier than wearing shoes!
Having your carpets professionally cleaned also cuts down on pet hair and dander, odors, stains, dust, and allergens in your home.