When the sun comes out, it’s easy to get excited about fresh air and spring cleaning. We’re all ready for beautiful weather ahead.
Here’s a handy checklist of things you might not have thought to clean:
- Drains: kitchen, bathroom, floor, shower/tub, laundry. If you can pull them up and clean out build-up do that. If not, use vinegar for a fresh scent.
- Base board: The little ledge can build up with dust. Pick one room each day, and use a damp cloth or toothbrush to give them a fresh look.
- Ceiling and floor fans: Dust with duster or rag.
- Exhaust Vents: Take the cover off in your bathroom and use the vacuum hose and/or a damp rag to rid of dust build up.
- Shower Curtain: Wash fabric curtains according to laundry instructions, and wipe down plastic. If stained or ripped, replace liner.
- Steps: Sweep your front steps, back steps, garage steps, etc and knock down any cobweb, etc from the last few months.
- Ice Maker: Empty out the ice maker in your freezer.
- Dishwasher and Wash Machine: Run a cycle of lemon juice or vinegar to clean out water stains and built up odors.
- Coffee Maker: Descale and get it running great again.
- Dishwasher Filter: Did you know that most dishwashers have a filter that should be cleaned and sanitized? Check it out. It’s easy to remove, clean, sanitize, and replace.