Halloween is almost here, and then Thanksgiving. The stores are stocking everything from costumes to twinkling lights. Don’t wait until panic sets in that there aren’t many days left to get ready for Christmas, house guests, and family celebrations.
Here are some tips to help you get ready for the holidays and make these next couple of months less stressful. Try to schedule and block off time in your calendar to tackle one thing at a time.
- Clear your home of clutter so you can host and entertain guests. Start a donation box and purge the excess stuff.
- Buy gift wrap early and then wrap as you go. Enlist help purchasing and wrapping gifts.
- Do a rough plan of meals and shop deals so you can save while you stock up.
- Bake and freeze cookies, deserts, and crockpot meals for quick and easy access later.
- Prepare your guest room, washing sheets and cleaning.
- Clear out the front entryway closet of excess stuff so you have room for guest coats and shoes.
- Get help putting up lights and decorations, and pick a nice day now and turn them on later.
- Plan your holiday family photo so you’re ready to send later.
The goal of Tidy Tightwads is to simplify your life. We are here and ready to make your life easier and more pleasant. With our help, you will have less stress and more time to enjoy your friends and families. If you need help cleaning or organizing before the holidays, now is the time to call and get on our schedule.