The cleaning product industry is a billion dollar industry that is ready and willing to take your money. Many homeowners buy the newest cleaning gadget or dozens of cleaning products all in the name of making house cleaning easier and more tolerable. The problem is the high expense associated with buying all this stuff. People who clean their own homes are likely trying to save money by avoiding a professional cleaning service. But are they really saving money?
Cleaning your own home costs money in more ways than one. You will either spend time cleaning your house or spend money to hire it done. However, both are limited resources. To say that you’d rather save money and clean your own home, you have to decide what your time is worth to you and how you’d rather spend it. Some people love to clean and actually find it relaxing. Others dread it immensely and have never considered that hiring it done can be affordable, with all things considered.
Ways Cleaning Your Own Home Costs You
- Buying cleaning gadgets and too many products
- Bribing kids to help you clean
- Paying a babysitter so you have time to clean
- Forgoing time with the kids or always saying “no” or “later”
- Using your day off or a vacation day to get caught up on house chores
- The cost of any of these products isn’t necessary if you hire a professional cleaner: paper towels, disinfecting wipes, flushable towel bowl pads, disposable gloves, air fresheners, vacuum filters, Swiffer pads, mop replacements.
If you hate cleaning, avoid it at all costs, and see household chores as a source of conflict in your home, please consider the value of hiring it done. Professional cleaning is affordable when you look at what you gain, and you can spend your time doing what you love. Professional cleaners don’t put off chores they hate, and they don’t have to quit in the middle of a task because they run out of something.
Ways a Cleaning Service Saves You Money
- Regular cleaning requires less time and products used. It’s much easier (and cheaper) to maintain than tackle a disaster that has been put off for too long.
- Clean and organized homes mean less misplaced and lost items, which results in less “repurchasing.”
- Our process and experience cuts down cleaning time significantly. We develop a process that allows your home to get cleaned very efficiently.
There are things you can do yourself to save money, but sometimes it’s better to hire it done. You ultimately need to decide how you want to spend your time. If you’d be satisfied cutting your own hair, go for it! If you want to change the oil on your car, you will save money and have dirty fingernails. When the tasks don’t appeal to you and you’d rather be doing something else, call your favorite salon, mechanic, and/or cleaning service.