You’ve likely heard me say this before, but vinegar is the best thing to use when cleaning. It’s cheap, safe, and can be used for so many applications. Here are a few ways you can use vinegar starting today!
Top 10 Ways to Use Vinegar in Cleaning and Household Tasks
- Lime Deposits: Vinegar in your bathroom around sinks and tubs does a great job of removing lime deposits, as well as preventing mold and mildew
- Garbage Disposal: Freshen up your sinks, scrubby, drains, drain stops, and garbage disposals with vinegar.
- Laundry: Remove odors and brighten clothes by adding vinegar to your loads. Wash you washing machine by running a cycle with vinegar and hot water.
- Air Freshener: Remove the smell of burned popcorn or something spilled in your oven by placing a small bowl or two of vinegar on the counter. Vinegar will counteract the odors in the air.
- Get Rid of Fruit Flies: Use vinegar to attract fruit flies into a jar with a cellophane top with a few small holes.
- Kill Weeds: Use vinegar to kill weeds without harsh chemicals.
- Tenderize Meat: A little vinegar will tenderize meat in a marinade.
- Clean Paint Brushes: Use vinegar to clean and soften paint brushes.
- Clean Hair: Remove hard water and build-up on your hair by rinsing with vinegar prior to washing and conditioning.
- Scour: Use vinegar and baking soda to scrub tough stains on the stove top or fry pans.