With most schools starting, school supplies will be deeply discounted and you’ll be able to find some great buys. Now is the time to buy super cheap items whether your children need them for school or not. Here are a few tightwad tips to buying these items and how you can use them.
Cheap School Supplies & How to Use Them
- Buy school supplies that will need to be replenished later in the year.
- Buy school supplies and donate them to the school or other organizations that give them out to students who may also need replenishing later in the year.
- Donate items like crayons, markers, erasers, and small pads of paper to charities like Operation Shoebox that send packages to children.
- Pre-buy commonly needed supplies for next year and store them where you’ll remember them.
- Look for items that will work well for holiday gifts and stocking stuffers.
- Buy items for office supplies such as pens, pencils, sticky notes, tape, and more.
- Buy and assemble gifts that are quick to grab; child’s birthday gift, get-well package, college care package.
- Check with senior living facilities for smaller needed items for their holiday parties and gifts for residents.