Cupboards are one of the most used features of a home. All the cooking and splattering that goes on in the kitchen means that over time, they need a good cleaning. You may not even be aware of how dirty they are until you start cleaning.
Steps to clean your kitchen cupboards
- Remove contents to wipe shelves and drawers completely down, removing crumbs, dust, and anything else.
- Before putting things back, go through contents one by one to reduce. You’ll be surprised at how many things you simply do not use. Remove things you never use and put them in the donation box.
- Move items that you use daily in front and the ones that you don’t use very often towards the back. Then you’re not picking up all kinds of things to get to what you need.
- Go through your drawers too. Look at your kitchen utensil drawer. Do you really need 6 rubber scrapers? Maybe 3? One small, one medium and one larger one?
- Use a soft, soapy cloth to completely wash the outsides of doors to free them of grease and other food spills.
- Finish with a wood cleaner and a dry, soft cloth
You’re going to love how clean and decluttered your kitchen is!