Showing your appreciation for others has never been more important. With the fast-paced society we live in with limited time, favors are incredibly meaningful. If you’ve been on the receiving end of a favor or act of kindness, you know how unexpected and inexplicably wonderful it feels. Whether you came home to find that someone shoveled your driveway or your friend called to say they could pick up the kids from school since he/she is there anyway, the feeling of appreciation is wonderful.
Make sure you show your appreciation. It doesn’t need to be an expensive gift, but spend a few minutes to identify what would be most meaningful. In most cases, a nice hand-written note dropped in the mail will suffice. For others, maybe a gift card for coffee would be great. Here are a few other ideas that might be a perfect fit:
- Take the time to make prints of a photo or two taken on your last activity together and leave on their desk or drop in the mail with a note.
- Schedule time for coffee or lunch together.
- Send a text of a nice uplifting story that reminds you of him/her
- Share a movie, book, restaurants, or song list with them they might appreciate.
- Go with to an appointment they’re dreading or could use support
- Drop a funny card in the mail
- Bake a cake and invite them over for a piece
It doesn’t matter what you do to show appreciation; only that you take those extra moments to show you acknowledge them and really care.