Cut the excess “stuff” after Christmas with these easy tips.
- If you didn’t use it to decorate this year, you’re not going to use it next year or in the years to come. Don’t pack it away for another year. Throw or donate it now.
- Now is a great time to go through table linens, trays and holiday dishes, artificial trees etc. Again, if you aren’t using it, don’t put it back in the box and haul it down the basement or out to the garage.
- Box up cast off toys to donate. As new games, dolls, and toys enter the house, identify ones that have outgrown their use at your home and gift them to someone else. Don’t just add more stuff to the pile.
- Don’t be afraid to rotate toys and games. Use a special shelf or totes to pull out toys later in the year to generate new enthusiasm and interest with kids.
- If you received a gift that doesn’t fit or that you can’t use, don’t pack it away. Return it or regift it as soon as possible. You don’t want it to take up space and grow obsolete in your closet.
What tips do you have that you’d add to this list? Share them on our Facebook page now!