Being organized helps make holiday travel less hectic whether your flying or driving. Here are a few tips to plan ahead and make things a little easier.
- Set out a designated suitcase ahead of time to add items as your family remembers or locates items that need to come along.
- Plan a few travel activities to entertain the kids.
- Use a garbage bag to hide and organize unwrapped gifts, but plan to wrap once you arrive. It will save on ripped or smashed packages and rework.
- Plan smaller gifts that travel easier such as gift certificates and smaller clothing items. If flying, stay away from make-ups, lotions, and other items that may cause issues in security.
- If traveling to family, pack less clothes and wash a few items as needed. People tend to pack way too much stuff! Don’t stress yourself with hauling endless, heavy luggage.