Many people make resolutions, only to have them fall by the wayside a short-time later. If getting your life, home, or office more organized is one of your resolutions, there is no reason why this can’t come true for you.
Tricks to Getting More Organized
- Write it down. Put your goals on your calendar, phone, or frig where you will be reminded of what you want to accomplish.
- Start small. Don’t try to do it all in one day. Getting discouraged or overwhelmed isn’t helpful. Pick a drawer, your purse, or the mitten bin and start there. Once you’ve had a small success, you will feel better and more motivated to keep going.
- Sort. Have a designated box to put items in that need to get “thrown”, “donated”, “given back to people”, “put into seasonal storage”, etc. Don’t waste your time taking each item to its correct location while you are going through a room or closet. Use boxes, bags, totes, or laundry baskets to sort quickly.
- Purge. You can’t keep everything. Let’s say that again. You can’t keep everything.
- Hire help. If you have trouble with where to start, don’t know what to keep or throw, or have some more complex issues that you’d rather have help with, give us a call. We do professional organizing in all kinds of places and situations!
- Delegate. While it may not be on the top of everyone else’s list in your home to get more organized, it does take those around you to pitch in and do their part. It’s ok to ask for help sometimes!
- Clearly Communicate. It’s hard for your family and friends to support you and your goals if they don’t know what it is you’re trying to accomplish. They will likely identify ways they can better help.
You can do it! I’ve see many people make incredible strides toward being more organized.