Here are a few important reminders as we head in to October:
- Coat Drives have started. In McLeod County, the coat and warm winter gear drive is in full swing. If you are a Tidy Tightwad’s client, you can place any winter coats, hats, mittens, scarves, gloves, snow pants, and kids snow boots into your clutterbox. We’ll pick it up and donate on your behalf. Many warm coats are needed for all ages, adults and children, men and women. Can you help?
- It’s is time to have your furnace checked and replace the filter before you fire it up.
- It’s time to flip your mattress
- Clean out your dryer vent and duct work dust bunnies.
- Reverse your ceiling fans if you run them to circulate heat in the winter.
- Put away your garden and lawn tools, and find all the snow shovels.
- Unhook garden hoses before it freezes.