We received a free ham as a Christmas gift. I thawed it, and we had a ham dinner one evening. Over the weekend, I made scrambled eggs and ham for breakfast. I made 2 pans of scalloped potatoes and ham.
- Meal 1: Ham Dinner
- Meal 2: Scrambled Eggs and Ham
- Meal 3: Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
- Meal 4: Freezer Meal of Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
One for now and one for the freezer. I made 2 pans of Ham Dandy, a family favorite from my childhood years…again one for now and one for later.
- Meal 5: Ham Dandy
- Meal 6: Freezer Meal of Ham Dandy
I used the remainder of the ham and the bone and made a large crock pot of bean soup and the bone remains….for the dog!
- Meal 7: Bean and Ham Soup
That’s 7 meals that feed several people from each. I’d say we stretched that ham pretty far and got the cost per meal down pretty far.