Is your freezer organized? If it’s packed full and you can’t find anything without going freezer-diving, consider giving it a little love and organization.
Fall is often a time when freezers fill up. We’ve frozen what we can of summer and fall produce. We have fish from the summer, and those with hunting enthusiasts, you may have deer and fowl too. We’re baking cookies for the holidays, and stocking up on deals. It’s no wonder the freezer is packed full.
A few tips to help you organize your freezer
- Label bags and containers. You think you’ll remember, but you won’t.
- Keep like things together as much as possible; the beef, fish, sweet corn, etc.
- Freeze things flat when you can.
- Move or remove bins or shelves to fit your needs. Don’t try to work around something that can be changed for the better.
- Get rid of any excess bulk. If you have a box of freezer burritos with one burrito left, throw the box away. Keep an area for single items like that and try to use them up first.
Here’s some pictures from our recent freezer organizing project