As we head into spring and look forward to storing winter coats, hats, boots, and mittens, it’s a great time to declutter. Only keep and store what you know you’ll use next winter and donate the rest.
Questions to ask:
- Did anyone wear this pair of boots or coat this winter? If no, donate!
- Will this coat get worn again, since a new one was received at Christmas? If no, donate!
- Will this mitten and hat set get used now that it doesn’t match the new coat? If no, donate!
- Did any of these gloves or scarves even make their way out of the bin this winter? If no, donate!
- Does this still fit since you grew so much this year? If no, donate!
There is no sense in keeping/storing dozens of winter items when someone else desperately needs them. If you have extra hats, mittens, scarves, gloves, coats, boots or snow pants to donate, let me know. There are several local drives that will get them where they need to go next fall! Use your clutter box too.