Love to decorate, but hate to spend tons of money? Here are a bunch of ways to decorate for Christmas and giving your home a whole new look, without breaking the bank.
- Move things. If you’ve always put your tree or garland up in the same place, give it a new spot. You may need to move furniture around or temporarily store a piece to make room.
- Give old items new purpose. Get creative and give old pieces a new purpose. Dig out old decorations you haven’t used in a while, or put them in a new location.
- Get crafty. Use Pinterest for tons of ideas on making ornaments and other holiday decor out of everyday items you already have.
- Go thrift store shopping. Find a few new pieces to give you a base for a new centerpiece or coffee table display.
- Try groupings like grandma’s cookie cutters, photos in frames, handwritten family recipes on cards, books, and other items you have that could be a cute display while also serve as a conversation piece.
- Swap items with a friend or group of friends. Each gather a box of items that you’re “tired” of, gather for coffee, and swap with each other for a whole new box of decor to work with.
Have you come up with something creative? Snap a picture and share it with us on our Facebook page!