Not sure what to get him for Father’s Day? If he spends much time in the garage, why not start there. Whether you have a full blown “man cave” out there or a simple garage that capture some of his time, he’ll appreciate you and the kids taking some time to help clean the garage a bit.
What can you do to make the space a little nicer?
- Tidy up! Get rid of anything that hasn’t been used in the past three years. Maybe he has a pile he’s been meaning to take to the dump. Take the pile of his “to do” list.
- Donate useful items to a local charity. Still have piles of stuff in a corner from a garage sale? Haul it to a donation location and free up that space!
- Many recyclable items, as well as hazardous waste can be taken to Household Hazardous Waste in McLeod County. They are the only county in McLeod that recycles infant car seats, so if you have one of them in the garage, now you know what to do! They also take all plastics, empty plastic landscape bags, tires, mattresses, box-springs, and more. There’s no reason to have all that clutter building up in the garage.
- Sweep! Treat oil spills with sand or kitty litter, and then sweep them up too.
- Dust cob webs and wash the windows.
- Oil hinges of creaking doors or cabinets.
What would you add to this list?