Anyone entering the golden years, a time intended to work less and enjoy family more, is faced with unique challenges of managing a lifetime of “stuff”. Over the years, everyone accumulates items that fill boxes, closets, attics, store rooms, and basements. So, what happens when it’s time to downsize to a smaller home or apartment, and there is no possibility or desire to bring all the “stuff” along?
How We Can Help
Whether moving to a smaller place or simply wanting to cut through all the clutter, Tidy Tightwads can help. It’s important that you aren’t overwhelmed by the task at hand. There are many tools, techniques, and resources that Tidy Tightwads offer to help you move forward with deciding what to keep, what to gift, and how to ready yourselves and home for the next phase of life. We’ll help you:
- Figure out the most logical place to start
- Sort through what to keep, gift, donate, or throw
- Organize years of photos; we’ll electronically scan photos to free space and save forever
- Fill moving boxes as we go
- Pull together resources you need: realtor, moving company, home repairs
- Clean your home and get it ready to go on the market
- Clean again after you move, including cleaning carpets
- Coordinate with mover to help with heavy items and special instructions
- Clean your new home prior to moving in
Services You’ll Love
Your needs come first. We’ll focus on helping you prepare for a new start and feel confident in the decisions you make. You’ll decide what’s important and what you want to achieve, and Tidy Tightwads will figure out how to get you there. Our prices are very reasonable and upfront. We offer FREE estimates, so give us a call and let’s talk about how our senior downsizing services will help.